View Single Post
Old January 3 2014, 07:16 AM   #4125
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Speaking of useless drops: when do you a Spire mission, you get a box that usually ends up being a console. Except you get a ton of them, and they are all bound to character. And not overly useful. Why bind them, if they aren't a must have? pointless and end up getting put in the recycle bin...
I actually talked about this on the forum with a dev before the launch of season 8. Officially what they wanted to achieve was to give a little reward for every progress project, but at the same time they did not want to flood the economy with useless junk. So their view is that in the least, you can sell them to vendors for some energy credits. They were also worried about flooding the economy with too much energy credits till I pointed out to them that most of the rewards were ground items that costed peanuts so they're not going to be really worthwhile rewards to begin with, they aren't going to flood the market with ec. So in the least I'm glad they doubled the prices of ground items at the launch of season 8 so these items are at least worth 10k ec per project.