View Single Post
Old January 3 2014, 04:17 AM   #24
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Captain of the next Trek series

^Your post has got me thinking about archetypes that haven't yet been filled by Trek captains. I'd be interested in meeting a captain who's fallen somewhat out of favor with Starfleet, perhaps someone who broke too many rules or was involved in a serious incident at his previous posting that led to his being reassigned and promoted not because of merit but because no other commanding officer would have him as an XO.

Perhaps this captain's own first officer is a rising star who was passed over for command due to a lack of experience and resents working under an officer with several black marks on his record. What might their relationship be like?

I stand by my wish to see an Andorian character play a pivotal role in the next TV series. Shran was a great character for Enterprise, but it would see the time is right to feature on of the Federation's founding members on a regular basis.

--Sran