View Single Post
Old January 2 2014, 10:48 PM   #96
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - "Kitumba" Officially Released!

Just to be clear....the order the credits are listed in a film/tv show are not standard by any means. In fact, it's pretty rare that a director gets credit at the beginning of an episode. Though I will say I think it's a silly discussion to bemoan where someone's name is listed, Vic was never listed as a guest star at the beginning of the episode - that didn't change after he tried to kill it. As the title of the show is "Kitumba" it's the Kitumba's actor's name that appeared before the episode in the original version.

"We" list the credits at the end in the order IMDb lists them. It's just easier to organize them that way... so Vic's name as director wasn't "buried" - it was listed with the rest of the production department his work was part of. I guess you could be complaining that James Cawley's name as Exec Producer was also buried.

In my experience, it doesn't matter how many times you check and re-check the credits - someone (okay a few someones) are always unhappy. This is one place that you simply cannot please everyone. (Does anyone remember that the original crew of the Enterprise found their names buried with the guest cast at the end of the episodes? "Guy in corridor - John Smith" "Uhura - Nichelle Nichols".)

The fact is that hundreds of hours (that is NOT an exaggeration) are spent trying to ensure that the credits on these episodes are accurate. There is a real faith effort to acknowledge everything the huge crew does. There are still honest mistakes, and there are always complaints about choices. In the end complaining about Vic's name being exactly where it belongs and yet not also featured is, well, just silly to me. It's not affecting his "salary" and it's not affecting his resume. It's a fanfilm for heaven's sake.