Thread: Ruskin Passes
View Single Post
Old January 2 2014, 10:48 AM   #10
View Chris_Johnston's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Chris_Johnston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Johnston
Re: Ruskin Passes

BoredSantaClaus wrote: View Post
Galt. RIP.

Coincidentally, I was just reading about him this morning.
You want to hear about a spooky coincidence?
Here's my little story about Mr. Ruskin, that I posted yesterday...

RIP Joseph Ruskin | Observation Deck | io9

Yesterday morning, I was watching the third episode of The Six Million Dollar Man, called "Operation Firefly", while I was eating breakfast. (Got the Season 1 DVDs for Christmas!)

Playing the villain was a guy I recognized, because he'd been at every New Year's party put on by my Dad's best friend (Everybody being buddies from their days at Carnegie Tech).

I didn't remember or look up the guy's name — I just went, "Hey, I know that guy from those New Year's parties!" and moved on.

When I woke up at about 10:00 last night, I checked "The Latest" at, and saw "Actor Joseph Ruskin dies". I went "Who the hell's Joseph Ruskin?", so I clicked on the link — but they didn't show a picture of him, just a montage of "People we lost in 2013", so I had to Google him...
OH MY GOD! It's that same guy!

And to make it even weirder: My first memory of watching Star Trek as a child was of his character, Galt, Master Thrall of the planet Triskelion, with his glowing eyes and creepy voice...

All those years seeing this guy on New Year's, and I never recognized him from Star Trek!
Add on top of all that, the fact of his death being announced on New Year's Eve... [cue Twilight Zone theme]
"Reality is whatever doesn't go away when you stop believing in it."
--Philip K. Dick

Last edited by Chris_Johnston; January 2 2014 at 11:04 AM.
Chris_Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote