View Single Post
Old January 1 2014, 01:02 PM   #231
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

MS appear to me to be a company that's haunted by the fact that they lost the smartphone and tablet markets to Apple. They had been trying to spearhead those two niche markets for years, then Apple waltzed in with innovative, simple products and almost completely sidelined MS.

MS believes that Apple are planning to make a major play for the living room in the next few years, a market MS have been successful in breaking into with the Xbox brand, and they don't want to be left out in the cold again. Xbox One is MS's attempt to out-innovate Apple before Apple get a chance, a "revolutionary" device that does everything you tell it to do via easy to use voice commands. But because they had to launch at the same time as the PS4, and because they wanted a head-start on Apple, the technology behind it just isn't good enough yet. It will work acceptably in ideal circumstances, but deviate from them and it becomes a nuisance.

Though I loathe to compliment Apple, I agree with what FPAlpha said, Apple tend to wait until the technology behind their products works near-perfectly before launching to avoid user frustration. MS appears to have jumped the gun out of business necessity.

"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away." - The immortal Terry Pratchett
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote