View Single Post
Old May 20 2007, 07:59 PM   #7
DavidFalkayn
Commodore

Re: TOS Series Lexington: Meet The Lady

Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed this. Like I said, my first priority is with my Sutherland series, but I have some interesting things lined up for The Lady and her crew. A few hints: Klingons...Mogatu...Klingons...

cmdrxeris: I'm sorry you don't like the Sutherland series, but, I guess, different strokes for different folks. I am curious though as to what you don't like about it. Is it the writing? Characters? Setting? Story arcs? Please feel free to PM me with your views--I promise I don't bite.

Gibraltar: As to Jim Kirk and Wesley being friends--I recalled reading a novel discussing their friendship while Kirk was a younger officer and decided to go with that. Of course, I could be mistaken. In any event, I kind of see their relationship, at least at first, as being more of a mentoring one.

CeJay: Yes, it is a tried but true format for introductory stories. To be honest, this has been sitting on my hard drive for over a year so I decided to go with it. I do look to capture some of that good ol' TOS feel, while at the same time maintaining a sense of 'realism'. But yes, I do have some...interesting...plot twists for the characters. I dropped a real big hint as to one possible character plot twist...I'll let you all try to suss it out...

I called the Saladin class ships destroyers because that's how they're most often designated by the various sources I've run across and for simplicity's sake I decided to keep with that terminology. Also, their purpose is primarily patrol ops and not deep space exploration. The TOS 'verse actually does possess more of a military feel than TNG.

Miranda class vessels were actually introduced at about the same time as the Connies and serve a function similar to that of Nebulas with respect to Galaxies. Like the Connies, they were upgraded quite frequently throughout their service lives.

Again, I'm glad everyone's enjoying the story!