View Single Post
Old December 31 2013, 09:07 PM   #215
K'retok
Cadet

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Hey everyone, I thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. I'm somewhat of a new ST fan, as I first started getting into it in 2006 during my first deployment to Iraq (sidebar, I was in the U.S. Air Force for 7 years; separated in 2011.) I started watching Voyager there, and even got a bootleg copy of the entire series on DVD for like $50 there. When I first got back from that deployment I started watching DS9 reruns thanks to my DVR. My second deployment was to Afghanistan, and while I was there I got a bootleg copy of the entire series of DS9 on DVD as well, this time for like $90. I watched it all the way through during my time in Afghanistan, and I've been hooked ever since. Thanks to Netflix, I've now watched DS9 in its entirety 4 or 5 times, and I also got my current girlfriend into it as well. While I like all the Trek series (except Enterprise...haven't seen too much of it) DS9 is without a doubt my favorite. Being a military vet, I can relate to a lot of the material from the Dominion War. Plus I just think the series as a whole was very innovative and ahead of its time.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone!!
K'retok is offline   Reply With Quote