Old December 31 2013, 06:03 PM   #295
Fleet Captain
Re: MLB Offseason 2013-2014

Tom Servo wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post
Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
They're really not.
Of course they are.
What possible evidence supports this? At all? Or are you typing this while wearing your pinstriped pajamas?

The Yankee self denial that their team is no longer the elite in the AL, and may even be on the decline is hilarious. Why would the Red Sox be scared? They have 3 homegrown talented starters in their rotation, and a whole other crop of them on the way. They aren't basing their off season moves on what the 3rd place team in their division in doing.

You also don't seem to get that there is no guarantee that the Yankees are going to get Tanaka. It's just as likely he ends up on the Dodgers or any other of the big market teams with money to spend. Hell, I expect the Red Sox to even make a push for him.

Granted if the Red Sox did go and sign him I'm sure we'd hear from you how he will be a bust and is overrated.
The Red Sox are always scared of the Yankees. If you are a true RS fan, you know and understand and have lived this.

Your pitching rotation and depth is outstanding. I've never said any different. It will be interesting to see if your closer is the real deal or just a flash in the pan.

I never said the Yankees were a lock to get Tanaka. I hope they out spend EVERYONE on him, because I think he is the real deal, we need a young 1/2 pitcher in the rotation and whomever gets him won't lose a dime in doing so. Free agent starting pitching available is a gamble at best.

Not elite in the AL anymore? That's just laughable.

For gods sake we had a shot at making the play-offs with a AAA team last year. How quickly you forget that.

The Yankees are always elite, you should bow in the presence of 29 world series championships. And say thank you for allowing you to get your first in a million years.

...and, you one way homer, I rooted for the Red Sox in the World Series and picked them to win it... would you have done the same for the Yankees?

I think not.
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good.