View Single Post
Old December 30 2013, 11:52 PM   #4111
J. Allen
Has All New Cheap Moves

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Damn, Flukie, 3 in a row?! Nice!
By the by, is it always quiet in the game, anymore? I've played very little over the past two months or so, but I'm working on getting back into the swing of things again. So I go to DS9, which used to be THE chattiest place in STO, and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop. I tried to start conversations, but no one responded.

Also, I am very angry at my DSL connection. I was finishing up on a The Cure Found run (the Borg carrier at the end), and my connection just drops. After about 45 seconds of weeping and gnashing of teeth, it reconnected, I logged in, and thankfully was put right back where I was...

only for the DSL connection to drop 5 seconds later.

Fortunately, I did manage to finish it, but I hate it when that happens. This was different than usual. I had been dealing massive damage the whole time, and I swear I guess these guys were new at it (I didn't complain in game or anything), but they nearly lost the Kang 5 times, and I had to keep zipping back over to heal it while I was helping them destroy the Borg shipyards. It wasn't even my task on that one, and I'm only in a cruiser (though it's the Ambassador class, which is totally balls to the wall awesome). So when my connection dropped, I thought "Oh great, I'm going to get back in there and they're all going to be dead."

Sure, a little hyperbolic, which turned out to be almost right on the money. When I got back in, and my DSL connection stopped behaving like a dick, they were at the end of their collective ropes (3 out of 4 had less than 25% hull, the 4th was coming back from being destroyed). After a couple quick heals, though, and some shield lovin', we were back in business.

I had a point here, but I don't remember what it was. Oh yeah, I wonder why it's been so quiet in STO, lately? Today was just one of several instances over the past two days, where no one is saying much of anything to anybody. We (and by we I mean me and anyone willing to talk) used to have great conversations on religion, politics, Star Trek, anything. It's part of the fun of playing, at least for me anyway. Has there been some policy change of which I am unaware?
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote