View Single Post
Old December 30 2013, 10:13 PM   #20
Paper Moon
Commander

Re: TF: Peaceable Kingdoms by Dayton Ward Review Thread (Spoilers!)

JD wrote: View Post
Why did you guys put your rankings in spoiler codes? I don't see why what the order you rank the books really spoiling anything for anybody.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the end of this was supposed to bring about big almost Destiny level changes to the Trekverse, would those of you who read it say that it did?
Mimi wrote: View Post
My thought process was that its not technically related to the discussion, so more of an aside rather than a spoiler.
Yeah, that was my thought process as well, though I also thought that it was better to give people the option to not see where it ranked, in case they wanted to read the book unbiased. (On the other hand, why such people would be reading this thread is beyond me.)

As far as changes to the galaxy...I would say no. No where near as much as Destiny. I can see how it might change the novel-verse for a little bit, as the ending does set the stage for some different stories to be told. I wouldn't go into it expecting a huge toss up though.
Hmm, I would agree that it's not quite as galaxy-changing as Destiny. But I think The Fall will have basically as profound an effect on the novel series as Destiny did. Bigger real-world changes than in-universe changes. (Though there are some big in-universe changes, too.) I would say that the amount of toss-up suggested by the ending of The Poisoned Chalice is a reasonable expectation.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote