View Single Post
Old December 29 2013, 07:14 AM   #7
Soul of Saito
Fleet Captain

Location: Limited-area amalgamated alternate timespace with non-corrosive tendencies.
Send a message via AIM to Soul of Saito
Re: MLP:FiM S4E07 - "Bats!" - Grade & Discuss

This one gets a solid 9 from me. Lots of fun to watch, the song was pretty amusing, and Flutterbat was definitely amazing. I also liked how AJ showed her concern for her friends by being willing to sacrifice that prized super apple, and how at the end, instead of somehow making it so everyone was vindicated, they pretty much demonstrate that Fluttershy was right and they really should have listened to her from the get-go, because that happens in life. Well-meaning and intelligent people/ponies can just do the wrong thing sometimes, and that's what happened here.

I do wonder if they're setting something up at the end, or whether it's just meant to be a fun little addendum to the shenanigans of the episode. Been wondering the same thing about the ending to "Castle-Mane-ia", too...

Loved Pinkie Pie just drilling straight down into the ground like BYE, only to reappear two minutes later!

Also, is it just me, or have the amazing Tabitha St. Germain moments been coming at a higher pace this season? "Fluttershy, sweetness, please come down. And, do stop being a vampire bat."
My solitary Trek fic
Soul of Saito is offline   Reply With Quote