View Single Post
Old December 24 2013, 09:39 PM   #68
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Re: Would a series set after voyager have been more of a success

Pel the Yeshiva Ferengi wrote: View Post
Coach Comet wrote: View Post
Pel the Yeshiva Ferengi wrote: View Post
Are you talking about Baywatch, which failed to produce a spin-off in the contracting market and, in a final gasp, relocated to Hawaii (because the state threw tons of money at them) only to fail?
You mean it failed to yield a spin-off after a successful ten year run in syndication? Big deal. By that time, it was played out. That still doesn't make it a failure.

Please do the research.
So, discovering that, at its peak, Baywatch had a weekly audience of over 1.1 billion people, making it the most watched TV show in the world at the turn of the millennium [another link, besides the one I already gave], that doesn't count as research? I did the research, thanks.
Incredible! You found two articles about Baywatch!

Now look for information relevant to the era after the relaxation of Fin-Syn. Anything else is just being taken out of context or only relevant to a different period of time.
Nah, I've said enough in this thread for the time being. Why don't you post some links to back up what you're saying?

I'd be interesting to know why, and by what metric, Baywatch didn't do very well in syndication, for starters.

I'd also be interested to see what can support and, more importantly, prove the claim that Star Trek's decline in ratings wasn't its own fault in terms of not delivering a product that people wanted to watch, but rather that its decline can be blamed solely on market-wide trends in cable viewing habits, starting with trends in the viewership of syndicated programming. That issue seems to me to be one of the main ones that sparked our little back and forth here.