View Single Post
Old December 21 2013, 04:04 PM   #7699
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Jurgens isn't awful, but he didn't have the balls to waste the Justice league International brand like he did. Cancelled after 11 issues.

He all know when Giffen and DeMattias stopped in the 90s and he started, but I'm guessing that Dan doesn't, not that that's any fault on his part for coming in second place.
BillJ wrote: View Post
The Jurgens JLA books were dreadful.
Coal Elf wrote: View Post
Yeah, I used to like Jurgens but his stuff just isn't doing it for me anymore.
I think he started out okay when he took over for Giffen and DeMatties. I really liked his Starbreaker story, where the League went against him, Guy quit, and it took the team of Blue and Gold to save the day.

He also did a good job with the post-Death of Superman issues, with his story called "Destiny's Hand."

At least I thought so at the time, before I learned he ripped off Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme in a story line where our world was replaced by one in which the Justice League went fascist. Though, it was awesome to see Hawkman with Sinestro's ring.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote