View Single Post
Old December 18 2013, 09:57 PM   #707
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
We wouldn't have had John Hurt in "The Day of the Doctor," and a world without John Hurt as the Doctor, especially a world without pictures of a boozy John Hurt and a Dalek in Buckingham Palace, scarcely bears thinking of.
I'm sorry, but I can't agree to this at all. Between Eccleston and John Hurt, if I HAD to choose which of the two to feature in the program's 50th anniversary - a new Doctor that would screw with the incarnations for no other reason than stunt casting, and a returning actor who hasn't been associated with the role for over 8 years since he left DW - I'd choose Eccleston (though my avatar kinda betrays this).

Thats not to say, of course, that I don't like Hurt or his performance as the War Doctor. I do, and he did extremely well - it was the rare stunt casting that worked, and thankfully for that. Can't complain on him, he did more than solid.

But if there was a choice between the two, its gotta be for Mr. Nine. Just like I wouldn't want the special to NOT have David Tennant in it.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote