Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

97. Hunger Games: Catching Fire: B+
98. War Horse: B
99. How to Train Your Dragon: A
100. Scrooged: A-
101. W: D+

W: Josh Brolin as the 43rd President of the US, George W. Bush, led Oliver Stone film about the life and first term Presidency of GWB as seen through the liberal prism. The film is wrought with conjecture and assumption which hurts it + it's played for laughs cause that's how Democrats spent years playing him up...as a clown. It's also taking aim at Christianity and treating faith with him as being a zealot. If Stone got anything close to correct I wouldn't dispute it would be his younger days. Even liberals must've recognized how silly Bush as clown was once Stone had Brolin playing the role so loose, it didn't set the box office on fire.

I don't pretend GWB's Presidency didn't have some flaws but they were not made in a vacuum(as this film would suggest) and his second term was him reaching across the aisle to work with a Democrat led House and Senate so policy matters were not entirely his alone.

It's saved the grade by solid acting by E.Banks, J.Cromwell and Toby Jones to name a few with the material they were given.

The joke is the film. Can't wait for 2017 when the O movie comes out. I'm sure he'll be painted as a saint and redeemer of lost children by Hollywood.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote