View Single Post
Old December 16 2013, 04:09 AM   #124
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Joe Cornish To Direct STAR TREK 3?

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
No, I didn't "flat out say" I was going to dismiss the opinions of those who hold a different view "out of hand" - something I would never do.
How else to interpret the following quote other than you have summarily decided certain criticisms -- one you specifically indicate with an eyeroll for emphasis -- are to dismissed out of hand?
LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
Many haters begin their critique with some glib "it's all 'splosions" rhetoric. Honestly, when I see this now, the rest of their post just blurs into blah blah blah for me.
Like I said, there are always going to be haters, but I'm not getting the connection between complaints about the indiscriminate use of explosions to "hating."
Come on, guys. I've tried for years now to discourage the use of the term "hater" for all kinds of reasons—tends to lead to people beating their heads together for no good reason, among other things—but "many haters begin their critique" does not equal an explicit "connection between complaints about the indiscriminate use of explosions" and "hating".

We're all fans here, and we can manage to disagree on this or that without bending over backwards to take or give offense, 'K?
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote