View Single Post
Old December 15 2013, 10:09 PM   #122
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.
Re: Joe Cornish To Direct STAR TREK 3?

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
So anyone and everyone who criticizes the action of the last two films should be dismissed as a "hater?" This is the kind of ugly closed-mindedness that is endemic to both sides.
No, that's not what I said at all, and I'll thank you not make assumptions reference my "ugly close mindedness" - it's rude and plain uncalled for.

You're right though, there is a lot of close mindedness, and pithy "'splosions" commentary supported by little else is endemic of that - which was my actual point. Essentially, that's what I object to.
There are going to be haters who refuse to accept any reboot or who try to psychoanalyze JJ Abrams and attribute ulterior motives to his every decision or anything he says in an interview, and that annoys me as much as it does anyone else. But there are also people who aren't going to agree with you about the action and/or character development in the last two films, who have a different point of view which you've flat out said you're going to dismiss out of hand. How is that, or generalizing anyone who complains about too many explosions as a "hater," not closed minded?
No, I didn't "flat out say" I was going to dismiss the opinions of those who hold a different view "out of hand" - something I would never do. If you're going to continue to misquote and misrepresent me, this is pointless.

Once again, I've seen variants on "too many 'splosions" over and over again - and for me, it is getting very tiresome. Also, I said "many" not "anyone".