View Single Post
Old December 15 2013, 08:57 PM   #146
Mage
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by Kirsten Beyer, Jan 2014!

Galekarens wrote: View Post
Someone posted the Protectors cover elsewhere and pointed out KJ had captain's pips. I looked more closely and it was a slightly different image than the image first posted here and elsewhere. So I looked on Amazon then on Simon/Schuster and yes the uniforms in the picture now look like the old-style Starfleet ones worn on Voyager instead of the new-style types. The turtlenecks are even different. And Janeway does have captain's pips instead of the admiral's bar. LOL wonder why, maybe it's a (the current picture) mistake? (Hope so lol.) Anyway, here's the Simon/Schuster link, just fyi: http://books.simonandschuster.com/St.../9781476738543

Usually, covers go through several phases before a definative version is released. A lot of the times, when making covers using pre-existing images that are going to be photoshopped, they used the mock-up to show what the cover is sort of going to look like, and then when the approvel is given, the cover is finished. I'm guessing this is one of those mock-ups.