View Single Post
Old December 15 2013, 06:01 PM   #1050
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.

Coach Comet wrote:
The individuals who wrote STID did not write it outside a legal relationship with the corporation that owns the intellectual property of Star Trek.
And, once again, for perhaps the third or fourth time, I never said that they did.

You see, I'm well aware that STID is a legitimate product of the Star Trek franchise, just like all other legitimate products of the Star Trek franchise. I have never argued otherwise. And I would give others enough credit to assume that they too are aware of this fact, which is why I'm not the one who can be found constantly and obnoxiously strawmanning it.

If you took the term "ripoff" to mean that I was implying something legally actionable had occurred, that's too bad. But I don't think you're the globally acknowledged arbiter of the meaning of "ripoff"...

...are you?

North Pole Myk wrote:
No it does't as they are two different things.
What are two different things? People and corporations? Because that's the whole point.

North Pole Myk wrote:
I quoted the posts in question for a reason. That reason being I was focusing on them and their content.
They don't exist in a vacuum, and are by no means difficult to understand in context. The only reason to take them out of context would be an ultimately useless "let's talk about corporations so I can get the focus off of the behavior of writers" tactic.

Last edited by Set Harth; December 15 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote