View Single Post
Old December 14 2013, 05:57 PM   #4387
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: PICTURE POST II!

TorontoTrekker wrote: View Post
It's been about a week or so since the last time I had time to read any threads, so forgive me for backtracking a bit...

SantaEddie74 wrote: View Post
No gator meat. Not that I'm aware of or remember, that much I know. I've had friends and relatives prepare a wide variety of different meats over the years for get-togethers but I don't think reptile (other than snake meat) has ever been on the menu.
Go to New Orleans. I had gator sausage there about 15 years ago, and it was delicious.

I've also had emu (there are emu farms in southwestern Ontario, around Windsor) and bison. I wouldn't mind trying kangaroo, but I'd have to make a special trip to find any. (Apparently there's a place downtown that carries kangaroo, camel and ostrich meat. I might be able to get down there next weekend... hmmmm.)
My friend and I went to Denver for a football game once, and there is a restaurant there called The Buckhorn Exchange. They have all kinds of game.

We had alligator strips, rattlesnake dip, Rocky Mountain Oysters, and buffalo prime rib.

We had to roll out of there...

I thought the alligator was too chewy. JMHO
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote