View Single Post
Old December 13 2013, 06:25 PM   #59
TedShatner10
Commodore

Re: Nelson Mandela has died

HoHoHocutus wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
gturner wrote: View Post
You could be right. I was reading a lot into it.

What's kind of frightening is that anyone who would pretend to be a sign-language interpreter and isn't, and would stand up on stage like that, is probably mentally unbalanced - and somehow passed muster to get up there! I guess he's the world's top photo-bomber now.
What I find frightening is 1) how did a fake interpreter get on stage in the first place, 2) where is the real interpreter?!
He was the real interpreter rather than an imposter, in that the ANC actually did hire him from a service that has been accused of using untrained interpreters in the past. He's a registered interpreter who has signed at ANC events before (and gotten prior complaints apparently), but while he does speak Xhosa and can sign in South African Sign Language, he doesn't understand English very well and has no formal training as an SASL interpreter. Add to that that he's schizophrenic and was --according to him, so possibly take it with a grain of salt-- having an episode on stage, and that's why it was all gibberish.
It gets fucking better, the unreliable interpreter also has an eye opening criminal record going back two decades and they let this potentially very dangerous, mentally unsound bozo within arms length of a parade of world leaders including the motherfucking POTUS?! Besides that and the First Lady giving dark looks when her husband was flirting with the very attractive Danish PM.

I'm almost expecting the late Leslie Nielsen to gatecrash that event.