Old December 13 2013, 04:07 PM   #50
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The Matrix: the red pill or the blue pill

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Rķu rķu, chķu wrote: View Post
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
If you have a boring job and life in the matrix, you can't do anything about that - all jobs/lives there are pointless treading water. And if you are really determined about trying to do something about it, if you try to exit the stereotype imposed upon you, all you get for your trouble is a lobotomy or termination, courtesy of your masters.
There is absolutely no evidence of any of that.
In the trilogy they glossed over it, in Enter the Matrix, Matrix Online, Path of Neo and the short lived WB site giving the backstory, there are dozens of layers of authority down from Agents.
Hmm. Well, I have never seen any of those (I hate to say this, but...are they canon? ). I'm only going by what I see in the films. And in them, I can only conclude that Matrix life is much like ours. "What Mister Fandango said", for example.

Also, if everyone in the Matrix is a robotic slave, then why would they have civilian police forces? Think about it.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote