View Single Post
Old December 11 2013, 11:55 PM   #138
Re: "Are you coming or going?"

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
I don't see why it seems dickish. It's legal to do and there are several benefits to the other drivers on the road. This article and the links/video featured should help clear things up. Keep in mind it's a practice that's legal just about everywhere else in the world.

For me, the biggest thing is that if I am just sitting in traffic, I'm a sitting duck. if the car behind me doesn't stop for whatever reason, I've just become the meat in a car-motorcycle-car sandwich. If I keep moving my only threats are from in front of me. I always keep my hand on the clutch and am always ready to be on the brake should someone dart out. I basically assume they're going to, and prepare accordingly.

Also, some bikes are air-cooled and will overheat if stationary for too long...and in a warmer state like California that could be a problem.
I dunno, legal or not it just seems dickish to me with too much potential for abuse or causing problems because of the unpredictability of it. That's a terribly narrow space to have someone tearing through 10mph faster than everyone else.
For me, and for many of us, the future is now in the past.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote