Old December 11 2013, 10:21 PM   #25
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: Time Of The Doctor Trailer!

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Pindar wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post

Ditto
It's always exciting to get a new Doctor though.
That is true.

And this is the first time since Christopher Eccleston was cast that I've known anything about the new actor to play the Doctor and that didn't really count since we knew nothing about what the revived show would be like. Matt and David were great but at the time I knew little about them or whether they were going to be good.

Whereas I know Capaldi is a great actor and, at the risk of tempting fate, is bound to be a great Doctor.
Completely agreed. Before I delved into DW, all I knew about it was that, the Doctor somehow changed his appearence, he was old and young, and Tom Baker. Seriously, huge scarf, curly hair - Doctor Who's image more than anything.

Beyond that, I'd known about the revival in '05 but didn''t check it until, well, fairly recently. But with all the talk about the anniversary this year, I thought I'd give it a try and start with '05, as many suggested that I do. And I did. And never looked back since. But, I digress.

I've known Christopher Eccleston as an actor when I first saw him in Jude, that Kate Winslet film he did back in 1996, and I thought he was absolutely, er, fantastic! I've followed him periodically in shows and such, especially Cracker, and I guess he kinda sealed the deal for me as far as DW is concerned. Beyond him, I'd no idea who the rest of the actors were, except maybe Tom Baker because his image was synonymous with OldWho. Peter Capaldi is thus the second actor that I've known outside of DW before he became the Doctor.

Rambling out.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote