View Single Post
Old December 9 2013, 09:32 PM   #877
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

BillJ wrote: View Post
HaventGotALife wrote: View Post
The adults I know would become sickened by it, and the children I know would emulate it.
Where in the world are you living? The 1940's? The adults I know love it (ages 18 to 70), my 16-year old son enjoyed it and my 6-year old sniffled and cried at the death of Kirk and attempted to build a Lego Enterprise (no attempts at emulation, no skull crushings).

In the context of what Hollywood currently puts out or what I grew up with as a kid, Star Trek Into Darkness wasn't very violent. No more so than Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (actually less so in my opinion).

Harvey wrote: View Post
The ear scene is certainly more memorable, but I always felt the hanging, tortured, bloody bodies onboard Regula One was the most gruesome image in the film.
I always thought Terrell shrieking as he disintegrated was the most gruesome/haunting.
Not the 1940s. The 2010s in Michigan. You never played Star Trek in the backyard? I certainly did. I also played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and got more than a few scrapes because of it. We also played like Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn when we played basketball.

The adults I know would turn it off because they have become convinced there is more violence than sex on television and in the movies. It wouldn't be their 'cup of tea,' as it has been said to me. My then 61-year-old mother who has seen all the Star Trek series, said "I've had enough" and left the living room after I showed her '09, right after the destruction of Vulcan.
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote