View Single Post
Old December 9 2013, 09:29 PM   #19
AviTrek
Fleet Captain

Re: CBS Developing 2 New Treks?

Frontier wrote: View Post
CBS has no interest in returning Trek to the small screen, and honestly until either Les Moonves leaves or CBS takes NBC's 4th place crown away and becomes the low-man on the totem pole, I don't see such changing.

And as much as I love trek, I'm also terrified of what a new show might be, and so for the foreseeable future, I'm happy to be without it simply to prevent it from being further diminished.

And that's not a total swipe at the Abrams films -- they serve a valid purpose of bringing new fans in, I've seen it first hand. I just find them lacking in substance and quality and so I'm glad they're only a single film every few years rather than a series or some such. You know?
I'm tired of people blaming Moonves. Repeat after me, "Moonves does not hate science fiction, Moonves hates money losing genres." Show Moonves real evidence/market research that Star Trek will make more money for CBS than Big Bang/CSI and he will green light a series tomorrow. Until then he will do what every good CEO does, maximum shareholder value.
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote