View Single Post
Old December 9 2013, 07:56 PM   #39
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: A thought on regenerations (spoilers for "Night/Day of the Doctor"

Wereghost wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Actually, I think the Meta Crisis Doctor looks more like a spin-off from the Doctor, thus for the Eleventh Doctor really being actually the Twelfth incarnation of the Doctor.

Wereghost wrote: View Post
Actually, Victoria is mentioned briefly in The Two Doctors, as follows:

"Jamie: We don't usually get to where you say we're going.
The Second Doctor: I got Victoria to where she wanted to go. Why she wants to learn graphology, I have no idea!"
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/World_Game_%28novel%29

Basically, the Doctor asked to have Jamie accompany him for his missions, and off they went for The Two Doctors.
Season 6B does have its merits (explaining the older Doctor and Jamie, the different console room, Jamie's familiarity with the concept of Time Lords and the Doctor's status as their agent). Shouldn't have been necessary, though.
I honestly believe Robert Holmes had a plan (maybe even a Masterplan, LOL) about the Second Doctor that just never panned out - due obviously to Troughton and, more importantly, Holmes' deaths. What that plan would've been beyond The Two Doctors, of course, remains a mystery. But thats my own opinion on this.

And yeah, it does seemingly look unecessary.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote