Thread: The Ashes 2013
View Single Post
Old December 8 2013, 10:03 PM   #109
Botany Bay
Commodore

View Botany Bay's Twitter Profile
Re: The Ashes 2013

I am pretty surprised, no...stunned at how this is all playing out so far.

Johnson, who couldn't hit the pitch three summers ago has, seemingly overnight, become Wasim Akram meets Joel Garner with the mo of D.K.Lillee. He is bowling ferociously, and England have been found badly wanting against pace, which is pretty surprising - Tremlett, Finn and Broad aren't exactly medium pacers.

If you were an England fan, you would be hoping, as holders, they could show some grit and fight for 2-2 and a retain, but, man, someone needs to score some runs, and I'm not sure who that is.

I reckon this series has turned on two key moments, though. Both involve Brad Haddin. Firstly his partnership with Johnson in the first innings at the Gabba, and then here in the first innings with Clarke at Adelaide. Those partnerships turned both those games on their head. Well played old man.
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote