View Single Post
Old December 8 2013, 03:08 PM   #6
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Game of The Year Awards

Game of the Year

Gotta go with GTA5. I'm a huge GTA fan and this one hit all the right marks. It was a game that put a spring in my step even when not playing, just from the knowledge that I'd be playing it later. It has been a long time since I felt that way about a game.

Studio of The Year

Paradox Development Studio. They make grand strategy games that used to be quite buggy and obtuse, but in recent years they turned things around and focused on polishing their games and designing better user interfaces. That was exemplified this year by the release of Europa Universalis IV, a game which had some balancing issues but was nonetheless a big improvement over its predecessor.

Best Voice Actor

William Morgan Sheppard. He's the voice in Civilization 5. I'm playing the new expansion for that game right now and, I don't know, I just like his voice. It might be sacrilegious to say it around here, but I prefer him to Leonard Nimoy in Civ4, Sheppard just puts more life into the quotes in my opinion.

Most Anticipated Game of 2014

I don't know, nothing really stands out. Infamous Second Son, I guess. I don't think I've ever played a game set in Seattle before.