View Single Post
Old December 8 2013, 01:56 AM   #78
Christopher
Writer

Re: Gotham PD show in "Nolanverse" being developed by the WB

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
I remember around the time of Smallville there were rumors circulating that WB was considering a Bruce Wayne TV show which would have chronicled the years Wayne went around the world learning to become Batman. I believe a pilot was written, but I can't be sure. If memory serves me correctly, it was suppose to be run by the showrunners of Smallville. Naturally, it was abandoned in favor of Batman Begins (which went on to explore Batman's origins).
Maybe OOMVM's links cover this, but the Bruce Wayne show came first; once they abandoned it due to Begins, they had Gough and Millar develop Smallville in its place.

This sounds somewhat similar - perhaps we follow a young Bruce Wayne while he trains and learns to become Batman, however I can see this not being the focus of the show. If Gordon is the focus, then we could have a sub-plot where young Bruce Wayne begins to move toward his destiny of becoming Batman, but it's something we don't follow all the time. That approach could be interesting.
If Bruce is starting out at ten years old, I really don't see his training being a major element. We might see some of the events that shaped his psyche and pushed him toward his future path, but the actual training period would be beyond the chronological scope of the series.

I'd love to see some supporting characters we've never seen in live-action before... such as Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya, Crispus Allen, and so on and so forth. Perhaps even Loeb and Flass, if they are drawing from the Year One mold?
Loeb and Flass were in Batman Begins, played by Colin McFarlane and Mark Boone Junior, respectively.

I wonder who'd be good for Bullock. Robert Costanzo, his voice actor in B:TAS, would've been perfect for the character in live action back then, but he's in his early 70s now.

Although, this being the modern DC, they'll probably revamp him as a young, good-looking guy -- sort of like he was in Batman: Earth One.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote