View Single Post
Old December 8 2013, 12:31 AM   #75
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Gotham PD show in "Nolanverse" being developed by the WB

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Looks like a 10 year old Bruce Wayne will be part of the series: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...uce-wayne.html
Mhmmm. Interesting.

I remember around the time of Smallville there were rumors circulating that WB was considering a Bruce Wayne TV show which would have chronicled the years Wayne went around the world learning to become Batman. I believe a pilot was written, but I can't be sure. If memory serves me correctly, it was suppose to be run by the showrunners of Smallville. Naturally, it was abandoned in favor of Batman Begins (which went on to explore Batman's origins).

This sounds somewhat similar - perhaps we follow a young Bruce Wayne while he trains and learns to become Batman, however I can see this not being the focus of the show. If Gordon is the focus, then we could have a sub-plot where young Bruce Wayne begins to move toward his destiny of becoming Batman, but it's something we don't follow all the time. That approach could be interesting.

Regardless of whatever becomes of the show, I've always thought James Gordon was one of the most interesting characters in Batman's mythology. Batman: Year One is essentially from Gordon's POV and it would be really cool to see a show where a young James Gordon has to waddle through the corruption of the Gotham City Police Department, while dealing with the escalating crime of Gotham. I'd love to see some supporting characters we've never seen in live-action before... such as Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya, Crispus Allen, and so on and so forth. Perhaps even Loeb and Flass, if they are drawing from the Year One mold?