View Single Post
Old December 7 2013, 12:15 AM   #40
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Forced perspective, painted backdrops and the refit Enterprise

@ Mytran & blssdwlf

Maybe I got an idea: it's a wall of transparent aluminum and the space behind is filled with liquid deuterium?

SchwEnt wrote: View Post
It seems that curved ceiling over the conduit is intended to match the curve of the top of secondary hull (where engineering is located).
That was probably the idea, but we'd still have to accomodate the space for the upper level of the engine room and the large bulkhead door that came from above in TWOK.

But it appears to me that curvature wouldn't expand out to match the diameter of the secondary hull where the cargo deck/shuttle hangar is located a few decks just below engineering.
I'm working on several cross-section views of the engineering hull with the studio sets within. My preliminary work shows that to match the curvature of the outer hull the engine room would have to be located just above the ceiling of the cargo deck

Maybe someone better than me with geometry and photo skills could measure the degrees of curve seen in the photo and calculate the size of the secondary hull based on this screencap evidence.
I think we'd arrive at an overall length of less than 1,000 feet.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote