View Single Post
Old December 6 2013, 05:07 AM   #26
Saul
Rear Admiral

Re: X-Men: Apocalypse announced for May 2016

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
For what it's worth, the first-season arc of the Wolverine and the X-Men animated series was based on "Days of Future Past," and the cliffhanger set up a version of the Age of Apocalypse storyline for the second season that was never made. The setup was that they prevented one dystopian future but another took its place. (Which was pretty much the wrapup of every time-travel episode of the '90s animated series too.)
Didn't the 90s cartoon also have Apocalypse connected to the events of DOFP? I could the new movie build off the events of DOFP, perhaps inspired by either cartoon series.
That's right, Bishop saved the X-Men from the Sentinels but upon returning to the future discovered there was a new Virus which was killing mutants, the virus had been created by Apocalypse. It wouldn't surprised me if DOFP lead into this somehow, even with an after credits scene. Singer seems to be a bit influenced by that 90s cartoon.