View Single Post
Old December 5 2013, 05:51 PM   #127
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: You know what really irks me about "Insurrection"?

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
We know from The Augment trilogy that the Briar Patch belonged to the Klingons two hundred years prior so they may have had a claim on it long before that.
Actually from the Augment trilogy it sounds like the Klingons either had only recently moved in to the area (which was a century after the Ba'ku moved to the planet) or were just not interested in it (The Briar Patch is a crappy piece of real-estate) as it was said that they hadn't mapped the region at that point.

Elf Spock wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

Well according to the script for the film I found online it sounded like only Dougherty knew what they were actually doing, which pretty much adds to how shady this thing looks.
Sorry I've asked this before but if Dougherty was doing something dodgy why would he get Data involved.
Considering Data didn't know what was going on and was shot to keep it secret and if Picard had had to kill him Dougherty probably wouldn't have come forward with what was going on at all thats not exactly a good argument to make for this being on the up and up

Especially since at the time it looked like they were just doing another one of their covert observations of a pre-warp planet.
Q1. Why Data of all the thousands of officers in Starfleet especially when he is assigned to a ship?

Q2. If they thought the Baku were primitives (and it should be obvious in 5 minutes listening to their conversations that they were not) then what were the Federation planning to do? Surely the PD says to leave them alone and not move them from the planet. Even in Kirk's day no natives were forcibly moved from their planet even if they were sitting atop a great pile of dilithium crystals.

Q3. Did Dougherty or one of is flunkies shoot Data to keep it quiet?
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote