View Single Post
Old December 5 2013, 12:44 PM   #106
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: You know what really irks me about "Insurrection"?

RyuRoots wrote: View Post
To be honest, I stopped caring about whether they "counted" as native or not by the time the movie finished running because the Baku are sanctimonious hypocrites; at least the only mouthpieces we get for them are. They decry using technology and fighting, but they're A-okay with it being used FOR them as long as they don't personally press the buttons/pull the triggers. Plus, they seem like one of these villages hiding a dark secret anyway, with their perfect little village of white people with perfectly clean garments despite allegedly working fields and stuff all day. Don't even get me started on this vague "you take something away from the man" BS either. You take WHAT away from the man when use use tools to help with tasks?! Apparently nothing, going by your fancy irrigation system.

I was rooting for the Sona by the end.
How many jobs have been eliminated by technology? Google employs about 300,000 people. Take a look at photos of an assembly line in 1910 versus 2010 in Ford Factories. The first irrigation systems were discovered in 6000 BCE in Mesopotamia. So they aren't allowed to do anything that allows them to feed their community? You have a broad definition of "technology."
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote