View Single Post
Old December 5 2013, 12:04 PM   #100
BigJake
Rear Admiral

Re: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Duncan MacLeod wrote: View Post
My friend Yasmine Petty is also a model. Funny how she does not have to do this.
First hit in a Google search on this name brought up this discussion on another forum, containing strong indicators that the same person goes by the name Jennifer Ryan in contexts that imply modelling is not their primary source of income. Which, that's cool, I'm not judging anyone... but I wouldn't go representing them as an example of professional fashion modelling.

Don't mean to bust your chops Christopher, but I want someone who looks like a woman playing Wonder Woman, not a stick figure.
Yasmine / Jennifer is quite beautiful and a triumph of self-creation, but it's fairly obvious that their "living doll" look is the product of implants and extensive surgery. It's more than a bit disturbing to see this described as being somehow definitive of what "looks like a woman." Because it isn't. And it certainly has little or nothing to do with how the character of Wonder Woman has been portrayed in comics.

Last edited by BigJake; December 5 2013 at 12:24 PM.
BigJake is offline   Reply With Quote