View Single Post
Old December 3 2013, 07:12 AM   #15
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Re: 10 Reasons to Love Rom

Tosk wrote: View Post
GalaxyX wrote: View Post
Who, to a Ferengi, should look absolutely hideous.
Who says? Did you never find a single Trek Alien attractive?
I'll answer your question right after the following:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Melakon wrote: View Post
Rom got the prettiest girl on the show. That's all that needs to be said.
No, not really. There's never been any evidence of that.
See below:

Tosk wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

No, not really. There's never been any evidence of that.
Farek was repulsed by the sight of Betazoid females, but he's practically the exception that proves the rule. Most other Ferengi have been shown to lust after pretty much any species. Just as most of us would.

...It's not difficult when so many species look just like humans with spots or ridged noses or black eyes or whatever.
I was going to mention this, plus "The last Outpost", where the Ferengi mention something about humans being repulsive looking (as Ferengi would be to us. That was the whole point)

To answer the question "Do I find any Trek aliens hot?" That's an unfair question. Most of the "hot" Trek alien women clearly have a human female body (usually a hot, fit body by our standards) save some really minor difference, like nose ridges (Bajorans), Pointy ears and a bowl haircut (Vulcans, Romulans, etc). Even Klingon women tend to have nice "human" looking bodies.

Trek never really went beyond that. Every race is practically a human body with forehead ridges or spots, or shit like that.

Think how many other actual species here on earth have females that look even remotely like a human being, yet all Trek "species" do

teacake wrote: View Post
Sure I love Rom just fine. But I love Quark better.
Rom was a bumbling idiot. Quark was as shrewd as a snake. It was fun watching Quark deal with his problems his way.

I hated the Quark/Odo "relationship" the first time I saw the series. On my second rewatch I'm enjoying it a lot more.