View Single Post
Old December 3 2013, 12:42 AM   #9
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: CBS Developing 2 New Treks?

If it pleases the court, defense would like to present Exhibit A, a sound bite from JJ Abrams himself in an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his forthcoming television series Almost Human:

EW: Since Marvel launched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., is there a chance of a Star Trek TV show? Or will they continue not making a new series as long as there are movies in the pipeline?
JJ Abrams: I have been hearing for as long as I can remember that CBS, who has the rights to the series, has just been saying they’re not interested. That’s the word I’ve been told. [A CBS Studios rep replied: "We love the Star Trek franchise, its fan base and the many possibilities for its future when the time is right."]
Further elaborated upon here. (19 November 2013)

Exhibit B: CBS has control over whether new series will be made, which frustrated JJ Abrams and is a likely contributing factor to his leaving Star Trek for Disney's upcoming "Star Wars VII" project. (15 May 2013)

So, unless there's some news that has come up since that interview on the 19th, or I'm just being super arrogant in not bothering to read the rest of this thread, I doubt there will be a TV series anytime soon.

Summary judgment: It ain't gonna happen. Court is adjourned. You may now return to spamming, flaming and trolling.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote