View Single Post
Old November 29 2013, 09:19 PM   #487
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Scaling the Excelsior Filming Model

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
Love it but how big are Connie and refit then??
Somewhere between 305 and 355 meters, inclusive.

Mytran wrote: View Post
I'm swayed by the multiple deck size arrangements of Option 3, but then again I've never been a subscriber to the theory that all decks have to be equal! It do like the way it covers both versions of the Excelsior class without having to resort to ramps etc. What about the differences in window layouts between the original and the Enteprise-B though?
Well, that's the problem. If we're going to be Thermian about it, the "regular" Excelsiors and "variants" like the Enterprise-B and Lakota have difference secondary hull deck alignments, and that's all there is to it.

I think I need to do a bit more window comparison between the two, as well as assess how those shorter lower decks would fit in the "pontoons." I think that those bilge decks should actually be more like 8.5 or 9 feet, according to the screencaps of the gaping hole that I studied earlier.

Patrickivan wrote: View Post
no. 3 says Kirk dies... HE DOESN'T DIE! HE'S IN THE NEXUS.

he can never die *sniffle*

Forever doing funny commercials and any project that comes across his door. I'm hiring him to come to Ontario and hold the balloons on our front lawn, indicating that our house is where the party is at!

No. three is for me... That's all I should have said and left it at that.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote