View Single Post
Old November 28 2013, 06:16 AM   #20
billcosby
Commodore

Re: What do you think Star Trek will do for its 50th anniversary?

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
Prior to the movie's release, Steven Moffat described it as "a love letter to the fans." Of course, given my experience as a Trekkie, that raised a lot of red flags. Thankfully, Moffat and Co. delivered it well. But the last time Star Trek had "a love letter to the fans," we got TATV. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Hopefully for Star Trek's 50th, we'll get something much better than TATV.
Steven Moffat - Oh no, he did-N'T.
Yeah, "valentine to the fans" lives on in infamy.

You know, I think as a pretty big fan base here, we've set the bar pretty goddamn low. I mean, seriously. So far it sounds about as awesome as being kicked in the balls by Roddenberry Jr. for Trek's 50th.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
For next year's 50th anniversary of STAR TREK (TM)
GET KICKED IN THE BALLS BY RODDENBERY JUNIOR (TM)

The Las Vegas Hilton welcomes TREK(TM) fans from around the world to the fabulous 50th bash for TREK - where instead of a new series, either animated or live action, instead of a third film in time for the event or in time for any meaningful HD upgrade to either DS9(TM) or VOYAGER(TM), Eugene "Rod" Roddenbery(TM) will be here with some powerful and rich CBS(TM) executives. Fans willing to brave long lineups will be able to be KICKED IN THE BALLS* for free, both in celebration of TREK's milestone, and in sarcastic symbolism of our being out of touch with TREK fans.

In 2014, TREK YOUR BALLS OFF!

* = Female or otherwise testicle-free TREK fans will be given their choice of an adequately even kick either in the backside or front

Last edited by billcosby; November 28 2013 at 06:30 AM.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote