View Single Post
Old November 28 2013, 01:16 AM   #100
Gov Karnstein
Admiral

Re: The Curator.... Who is he? (SPOILERS for "The Day of the Doctor")

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
True, but the question, I guess, is whether or not Baker was the only choice for the scene, or would the information have been conveyed another way?

Moffat could have fallen back on Davison as a back-up, but Colin and Sylvester would probably never have been Moffat's back-up plan as he doesn't think much of either of them as actors.
No, I don't think he was the only choice to make the scene work, but Baker does carry a gravitas due to how iconic his Doctor has become that another choice likely would not have. The conversations would be focusing on what such a search for Gallifrey might entail for the Doctor rather than who Baker was meant to be in this scene as so much of this thread has been. I recall an old interview of Baker's (maybe made up in my head) that he'd like to come back to the show as the Master. It would be pretty mind blowing to find out the Curator is a retired Master.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Karnstein is offline   Reply With Quote