View Single Post
Old November 28 2013, 12:11 AM   #2984
borgboy
Fleet Captain

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I don't have the complete run by any means. I have everything for the last 10 or 12 years, and lots and lots older than that, but far far from everything. I'm doing a re-read and new read both, as I'm re-reading the books I have and have bought some new books, getting the ones that I've heard good things about and/or that sounded interesting to me, books by authors I've enjoyed other books by.
I was going to re-read them in chronological order, at least as best as I could figure, but decided to go with publication date from here out. I figured publication date would make it easier to do the crossovers, and also there are some details that I just think will make more sense that way, such as the inter-book continuity.
But I didn't decide to do that until I already started the Errand books, and since the six books work as a mini series I'm going to read them one after the other.
I also have a few of the really old books that pre-date the Pocket line too. It is neat to know I'm not the only one out there doing this, even if some of the details of what we have and how we're going about them aren't quite the same.