View Single Post
Old November 27 2013, 10:12 PM   #2980
Cap'n Crunch
Captain

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I finished Doctor Who: Nuclear Time by Oli Smith the other night. It wasn't bad, but also not one of the better ones I've read. I felt that Rory and Amy were sidelined too much. The stuff that focused on the Doctor was good and timey wimey, but it seemed like the book was more about the guest characters than anything. That would be fine if I actually cared about them, but I really didn't. Overall, an ok Doctor Who story, not particularly good, but not bad either.

I then read the short story "Old Bugs" by H.P. Lovecraft. Not a bad story, but definitely not the kind of story you think of when you hear the name Lovecraft.

I'm now reading Star Trek: The Fall: A Ceremony of Losses by David Mack. I've only read three chapters but I've already spotted both a LOST and a Pinky and the Brain reference.
Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that. - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote