View Single Post
Old November 24 2013, 04:05 PM   #704
FKnight
Commander

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

"Renegades" is brought to us by the same people who brought us "Of Gods and Men" -- which seemed to have a potentially good story, but which exhibited the problem that Star Trek, particularly with the TOS and TNG cast, had toward the end -- it wasn't a show about Starfleet officers doing Starfleety things .. it was about actors getting to play their Star Trek characters again. When I watched "Of Gods and Men", I didn't feel like I was watching Uhura, Chekov, and Tuvok; I felt like I was watching Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, and Tim Russ have fun at a cast reunion filming a fan script.

No offense against the folks who put together "Of Gods and Men" or "Renegades", but if that's the "future of Trek", I'll stick with Pocket Books -- I don't care who's "acting" in it.
"You have been examined. Your ship must be destroyed. We make assumption you have a deity, or deities, or some such beliefs which comfort you. We therefore grant you ten Earth time periods known as minutes to make preparations."
FKnight is offline   Reply With Quote