View Single Post
Old March 25 2007, 12:02 AM   #154
Transwarped
Lieutenant

Poised on the Galactic Barrier. Help is weeks away...

Starbase Decouverte is the Federation's only outpost at the edge of the galaxy. Set just after Nemesis, we have many talented writers and innovative, fun storylines.

ALL POSITIONS (EXCEPT FOR C.O.) ARE OPEN!!

An Excerpt from our last mission:

Admiral Gallagher arrived at Reeves' quarters at 0600 that morning for breakfast with his friends one last time. That afternoon, the Pearl Harbor would depart for the Ferengi border with Talir in command. He would remain behind on the Starbase to help unearth the traitors.
His old friend welcomed him in, where Talir had already replicated a traditional Vulan dish.
"I brought the orange juice," Gallagher said, setting a brimming caraffe on the table. "What is that smell, Reeves?"
"That's our Vulcan friend's cooking," the engineer answered under his breath.
"It would be logical for you to withhold your judgement until you have tried it, Commander," the all-hearing first officer remarked. He pulled three steaming plates of brown mush out of the replicator and set them on the table. Cautiously, Gallagher sat and ate a spoonful of Talir's mush.
"It doesn't taste like anything," Gallagher said after a few moments of careful chewing. "What's the point of eating something which provides no--"
"Emotional stimulation?" Talir inquired. He took a bite and awaited his superior's answer.
"You got me there," Gallagher admitted. "I suppose, that for you, that is the point."
"What did you expect?" Reeves said, pushing his plate away. He then reached for a shelf behind him and returned with a bottle of bright green fluid. "Here's something to wash it down with." He poured Gallagher a glass.
"Isn't it a little early to be drinking?" the admiral asked with a smile as he took it.
"I thought of all people, an Irishman would understand: it's never too early. Besides, it's synthahol. No permanent damage," Reeves said. He took a swig and made a face. Gallagher did the same.
"Is there a problem, gentlemen?" Talir asked.
"What is it?" Gallagher managed to say in spite of the gag reflex.
Reeve's looked at the bottle and sniffed it's contents. "It is..." He sniffed again. "It is..." He took another drink, scowled, and then stared at the bottle again for a moment. "It is green."
Gallagher suggested they move on to scrambled eggs.

MISSION 1 HAS JUST BEGUN!! NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/USS_Janos/

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Transwarped is offline   Reply With Quote