View Single Post
Old November 23 2013, 02:25 AM   #55
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Is Watson the most advanced super computer in existence?

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
But Jeopardy is not about intelligence, it's about having vast amounts of trivia knowledge. Pretty much anyone can accumulate that with some time and effort. It's not a question of intellectual ability.
I don't want to sound like I'm undermining your point here, because I generally agree with it. However, there is an application of problem solving in interpreting the questions (I mean answers) posed by Alex, in order to come up with the correct response. The "answers" Alex gives often involve some kind of pun, or other word play or loose association. Interpreting the word play correctly can often point the way to making an educated guess, when you don't know the correct response (something that Watson seemed to fail miserably at). In that way, at least, playing Jeopardy well does involve some application of intelligence.
tch. Any guy can Jeopardy good. Can you add a jillion plus a jillion? Can't explain that!
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote