View Single Post
Old November 22 2013, 10:34 PM   #40
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Re: About the KHAN scream.

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
Cara007 wrote: View Post
I should also ask. What did most of you think of it. Did you like it, loathe it or love it when Spock pulled a Bill Shatner.
When I went to see STID in the theater, there were two places where literally half the audience groaned. The first was when Cumberbatch said he was "Khan" and Spock screaming was the second.

If they needed to slip Spock saying Khan in there, they should have taken the opposite direction. We've seen Spock lose his shit already, this time he should have collapsed inward and become silent, cool and focused...uttering only a whisper "khan" before bolting upward with purpose and going after him.
This.

The audience I saw it with groaned at those exact same moments. Wonder if we were at the same showing.

When discussing it with a buddy, I said I just couldn't take the scream seriously -- mostly because we have seen it parodied time and time again over the years -- which is why I think they did it in the first place, here.

I saw Into Darkness three times in the theater and each time, I face-palmed when Spock yelled that out. What gets me most about it is Khan isn't directly responsible for Kirk's "death." Sure he attacked and disabled the Enterprise, which caused it to fall into Earth's gravity (???), forcing him to save the ship, but it's not as if Khan locked Kirk in there to let him die.

I just want to ask some of the older folks who saw The Wrath of Khan in theaters in 1982. When Kirk originally screamed out Khan's name, were there laughs? Did you think it was funny? Campy?
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote