View Single Post
Old November 22 2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Was Janeway a hypocrite in Equinox?

The route home requires choices.

Creating alliances requires choices.

They meet a beautiful alien princess.

Janeway thinks she can clobber her as soon as her back is turned, but Ransom thinks that he can clobber her after he has finished sleeping with her.

Someone has to be in charge to make these decisions.

besides, you can tell that assholes wrote the rules.

Whoever has the stronger ship is in charge.

If ransom had a super weapon...

Actually

RANSOM: I don't want to force the issue, but I am prepared to return to the Equinox with my crew. What is the protocol in this situation? We have two Captains and two ships. Who gets the last word?
JANEWAY: Starfleet Regulation one hundred ninety one, Article fourteen. In a combat situation involving more than one ship, command falls to the vessel with tactical superiority. I looked it up this morning.
RANSOM: Good thinking.
JANEWAY: In this case, protocol recognises my authority.
Janeway is ignorant that Equinox is tactically superior.

And Ransom chooses not to correct her.

When the vivisection drive is working, Equinoxes top speed is a hundred times greater than Voyagers.

I don't care if Voyager's Phaser array is twice the size of Equinoxes, once Equinox has it's gas tank filled up, Equinox would be half way home before Janeway could even lock on her phasers.

If Ransom had been honest he would have been in charge, Janeway would have jumped up and down, and then Ransom would have been able to legally get Tuvok to send Janeway to the brig until she gets with the program.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote