View Single Post
Old November 22 2013, 05:00 AM   #853
blssdwlf
Commodore

Re: TOS Enterprise WIP

Mytran wrote: View Post
It's difficult to be sure, but it seems to me that there's a bigger gap in between the second pair than the first or third ones. Difficult to be sure with the final crossing at the very far end, but the structural rules of the rest of the set would make this unlikely to be a door.

Another thought struck me - the number of bays is very similar to what you would see if you stood at the (lower left) end of the long straight corridor and looked up towards the T-junction (you'd need to split the single wide panel in half of course). Might this be where the artist got their lines from?
Lemme check that. Looking at it again I see that the FP is noticeable with a slight angle up in the Kirk entry scene of the top corridor and there is a angle to the side in the Kirk-Decker foyer scene. What I think you might be seeing is not necessarily a difference in the gap distance but an optical illusion in the FP paintings "near" wall being brighter which could appear to give it a larger gap. (The other gaps are darker in appearance.)

Gagarin wrote: View Post
I love this thread, love the work, but excuse me... I think trying to fit in that long, long blue corridor in relation to the exit of engineering is probably a waste. There's so many other beautiful problems to solve and *one* shot where there should have been a stub of a corridor a curve... well, I guess there's no sense changing the routing of the intermix system just because a long corridor was in the background. Probert's drawing shows it going up, the markings on the hull seem to correspond to the location of it.

Of course the main thread is about the TOS Enterprise, but... do we *really* need to rethink the entire secondary hull of the TMP ship because of *one* shot where they use the long-ass hallway with the set extension? Is that what we need to be tied to?

Just a thought. Love the possibilities. Love the thread =).
I see what you're saying, but part of the scope of this project is to approach it as what is shown, warts and all. "What would the Thermians do?" Since this Thermian considers the movie Enterprise a resource for the TOS Enterprise, it's just the direction this project happens to dabble in

Perhaps one day I'll tackle the designer's version of the TMP Enterprise.
blssdwlf is offline   Reply With Quote