View Single Post
Old November 21 2013, 05:16 PM   #59
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: PS4 and Xbox One Launch Thread

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Good point. Nevertheless, it sucks for those who ended up getting a defective one. Hopefully Sony can quickly address the issue for those that were hit with it.
Absolutely, it would suck to be one of those whose console broke down shortly after buying it. But a certain percentage of hardware failure is inevitable and I understand that, what matters most is that Sony have proper customer care systems in place that get new consoles to those affected quickly. That isn't the case according to some accounts, I've read stories of people being on hold with Sony tech support for four hours and then having the call dropped on them. That sort of thing shouldn't happen, and I'm far more worried about that than I am about a certain number of the consoles failing.

I'll say this for MS, when my first 360 broke down getting it replaced was a relatively painless process. I was on the phone for no more than 15 minutes and I had a replacement console within two weeks. I was more annoyed when that second console broke down as it was a few months after my 3-year warranty expired.